A man wearing a nylon wool shirt up 40,000 volts of static electricity

A man wearing a nylon wool shirt up 40,000 volts of static electricity

A man wearing a nylon jacket and wool shirt built up 40,000 volts of static electricity, resulting in burned carpets, melted plastic, and a massive evacuation

An Australian man built up so much static electricity in his clothes as he walked that he burned carpets, melted plastic and sparked a mass evacuation.Frank Clewer, of the western Victorian city of Warrnambool, was wearing a synthetic nylon jacket and a woollen shirt when he went for a job interview.As he walked into the building, the carpet ignited from the 40,000 volts of static electricity that had built up.”It sounded almost like a firecracker or something like that,” he said.”Within about five minutes, the carpet started to erupt,” he told Australian radio.

A man wearing a nylon wool shirt up 40,000 volts of static electricity

Read more